IPAX internship expectations
Eligibility and Guidelines
- This is a paid internship. Individuals must provide for their own expenses, including housing and transportation.
- Individuals must be eligible to work in Canada. For the duration of your internship, we will require you to provide supporting documentation which confirms your eligibility to work in Canada.
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency in computer animation, digital arts, computer science or related field.
- Submissions must solely be the work of the applicant.
- NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE. All inquiries and questions should be directed to the submission email address listed in guidelines.
- *Interns that require a visa and/or work permit to work in Canada are responsible for obtaining them at their own expense. Programs vary by country, please refer to the applicable government website, or work with an immigration advisor to confirm what programs/permits may be available. Please also note that Sony Pictures Imageworks is unable to sponsor Labor Market Opinions ("LMO") for intern level positions.
What IPAX Interns can expect:
- Summer internships are a full-time (40 hours per week) commitment of eight weeks on-site at Imageworks.
- These are paid internships.
- IPAX interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Interns are welcomed into the facility and provided with: access the facility, given a login, workspace, email account and phone. Interns will be provided with a computer workstation and access to all production tools and software.
- Real-time, hands on experience.
- Professional level in-house training program.
- An opportunity to interact with Imageworks professionals at all levels and from diverse disciplines within the company.
- First-hand experience of the production pipeline and processes of digital animation and effects for live action, CG features, performance capture and/or stereoscopic productions.
- We strive to match the interests of the intern with the activities in the studio and structure an appropriate internship for each individual.
- Every effort will be made to answer questions from our Interns and help them to pursue their goals. With the understanding that we are in production, Imageworks is eager to maximize the IPAX Internship experience.
What we expect from our IPAX Interns
- Interns must understand that Imageworks is a fully-engaged feature production facility.
- Imageworks is engaged in the creation of digital assets for live action and feature animation. Interns should be familiar with computers, operating systems, networks, and concepts of 3D graphics.
- Interns are required to complete the Imageworks in-house computer training coursework using proprietary production software, tools and methods uses in production.
- Interns should be flexible, open, proactive, and willing to seek out opportunities as they arise.
- Interns need to be sensitive to the time constraints of employees. All meetings with artists and production staff will be scheduled through the office of the Internship Supervisor upon request.
- Interns must sign a standard non-disclosure agreement and adhere to all Sony Pictures Entertainment policies.
- Interns must sign the IPAX agreement of expectations
- Interns will have to sign the IPAX Agreement of Expectations
The hosts for the IPAX Internships are the IPAX Chair and the IPAX Steering Committee as well as various shows and departments.