Join the Team/Job Postings
Finance/Systems Technical Coordinator
Sony Pictures Imageworks is seeking a coordinator for their Systems, Development and Finance Departments. Supporting the Systems, Dev and Finance teams, you'll concentrate on departmental administrative needs, keeping the facility purchasing database up-to-date, purchsing and processing all new equipment coming into the facility. Candidates can expect to gain experience in IT, grow their general knowledge base and develop time management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities (Systems & Dev):
- Expense Reports.
- Phone support.
- Vacation tracking.
- Maintenance of inventory.
- Organization and cleanup of the Systems areas.
- Data entry.
- Shipping and receiving of computer equipment and peripherals. Other projects and tasks as they arise.
Duties and Responsibilities (Finance):
- Prepare/execute/invoice/reconcile various purchase requests.
- Respond to internal clients with ETA updates on in-progress purchase requests. Work with Procurement Manager on ad hoc report requests.
- Must adapt themselves to working with different types of people in different departments during the day. Must become quickly aware of and adapt to company/department policies.
- Must work well with others and be flexible dealing with multiple personality types.
- Knowledge of FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Office and Google G-Suite desired.
To apply, please send your CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the email subject line.
- Growth Opportunities for advancement
- PRODUCTION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
- Experienced Layout Artist
- Layout Artist
- Lighting Technical Directors
- Software Engineer (for Web development)
- Software Engineer (for Desktop Apps)
- Texture Painter
- Matte Painter
- Houdini FX Technical Directors
- Senior Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- Intermediate Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- DATA INFASTRUCTURE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- RENDER EFFICIENCY ENGINEER - ARNOLD TEAM
- RENDERING ENGINEER - ARNOLD
- SENIOR VFX COORDINATOR
- CHARACTER ANIMATION PIPELINE ENGINEER
- Production Tracking Developer
- SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- CHARACTER TD - PIPELINE
- CHARACTER TD - SETUP/RIGGER
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - Hair/Fur/Cloth/Feather Simulation
- SHADER WRITER
- iCAD Apprentice - Character FX Artists
- iCAD Apprentice - Lighting Artists
- iCAD Apprentice - Houdini FX Artists
Qualified candidates should send their materials to:
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Attention: Human Resources
9050 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Fax: (310) 840-8888
All artist submissions MUST contain the following:
- Cover Letter which states the position you are applying for and your availability
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio (if applicable to the position)
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio Breakdown which describes your specific contributions to the work
**Please be sure NOT to send original materials, as submissions will not be returned.**
Submission Tips & Guidelines
- Reels should be on DVD or VHS (NTSC) - Beta or PAL will not be accepted
- Do not send CD ROMS or refer us to a website - hardcopy submissions only
- Reels should be clearly labeled with your name and contact information
- The length of your reel should be limited to 5 minutes and consist of the work you're most proud of beginning with your most recent work
- Music should not contain vocals unless lip-syncing skills are illustrated
- Please include a credit list explaining what you did on your reel and what software (if applicable) was used to achieve the effects
- Demo reels should be well edited and concise (less than 5 minutes).
- ANIMATORS NOTE: Please include all traditional work (life drawings, pencil tests, etc.) either on your reel or with your portfolio
Please be sure your portfolio is clearly labeled with your name, address and telephone number on both the inside and outside.
All portfolios should contain the following:
- Samples of your recent work
- Life Drawings
- Rough Sketches of animals and humans in movement
- Samples of your color and design sense
- We prefer artists to limit their portfolios to 20 pieces representing their strongest current work.
- Do not send original copies of your work as it will not be returned