Take Me To Paradise Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OFFERED ONLY IN THE 50 STATES OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”), AND IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING AND PARTICIPATION IN THOSE AREAS ONLY. THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND GOVERNED ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU ARE NOT 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF MARCH 24, 2008 AND A PERMANENT LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.
1. Eligibility: The Take Me To Paradise Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to permanent legal residents who are physically located, and residing, in the 50 states of the United States and D.C., and who are 18 years of age or older as of March 24, 2008. If an entrant is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering or submitting any personally identifiable information. Employees of Quadra Productions, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Sony Pictures Television Inc., Sony Pictures Digital Inc., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., ATA Airlines, Inc. (“ATA”), Hilton Hospitality, Inc., Sweepstakes administrator, participating stations, stations airing Wheel of Fortune (the “Show”), their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”), members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
2. Sweepstakes Description: Sweepstakes consists of five (5) separate individual daily sweepstakes (“Daily Sweepstakes”) and one (1) overall sweepstakes (“Overall Sweepstakes”). Each Daily Sweepstakes begins at 3:00:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends the following day at 2:00:00 p.m. PT weekdays commencing Monday, March 24, 2008 through Saturday, March 29, 2008 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Overall Sweepstakes pertains to the Daily Sweepstakes Prize winners only, as described below. As part of the entry process, participants are asked to watch the Show March 24 – March 28, 2008, for the solution to each day’s Bonus Round Puzzle (“Bonus Round Puzzle Solution”). The Bonus Round Puzzle is the puzzle played by the contestant who has the highest cash/prize total at the end of the main game on the Show. Check local listings for Show schedule, which may be changed or preempted without notice (e.g., due to special announcements, or programs that may disrupt normal TV programming). In these cases, at the election of the Sponsor, the Sweepstakes may be played outside the above-stated dates, or not at all.
3. How to Enter:To enter, access the Show Website located at http://www.wheeloffortune.com (“Website”) during the Sweepstakes Period and click on the Sweepstakes icon or text link to access the Sweepstakes entry page. Then, complete and thereafter submit your Email Address, Date of Birth, First Name, Last Name, Home Address (no P.O. Boxes), City, State, Zip, Phone (including area code), and the Bonus Round Puzzle Solution for that day’s Show (collectively, “Online Entry”). Entrants will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes per correct Bonus Round Puzzle Solution per Daily Sweepstakes. Bonus Round Puzzle Solution must be correct for Online Entry to be eligible. In order to be eligible for a particular Daily Sweepstakes, Online Entries must be received between 3:00:00 p.m. PT the day of the Daily Sweepstakes and 2:00:00 p.m. PT the day following that Daily Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for purposes of Sweepstakes participation. To enter by mail, legibly hand print your First Name, Last Name, Home Address (no P.O. Boxes), City, State, Zip, Phone (including area code), Date of Birth, and the Bonus Round Puzzle for the desired entry date on a postcard (no larger than 4” x 6”) or on a piece of paper enclosed in a business size (#10) envelope, and mail, with proper postage affixed, to: Take Me To Paradise Sweepstakes - Daily Sweepstakes Day (specify one weekday: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday), P.O. Box 10831, Burbank, CA 91510 (“Mail Entry”). One (1) Mail Entry per outer mailing envelope. To be eligible for a particular daily sweepstakes, your Mail Entry labeled with that particular Daily Sweepstakes day must be received no later three (3) business days following the Online Entry deadline for that Daily Sweepstakes. Bonus Round Puzzle Solution must be correct for Mail Entry to be eligible. No copies, facsimiles, or reproductions of Mail Entries will be accepted. For each Online and/or Mail Entry, (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entry”) all Sweepstakes Entry information must be completed in full. Limit one (1) Online Entry per person per Daily Sweepstakes, five (5) Online Entries total for the entire Sweepstakes Period. Online Entries submitted from the same person in excess of this limit will be disqualified. Proof of delivery or receipt of Sweepstakes Entry will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of entry. Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void.
4. Prizes/Odds of Winning: Up to Ten (10) Daily Prizes (two (2) Daily Prizes for each of the 5 Daily Sweepstakes): A trip to be shared by Daily Prize winner and one (1) guest (“Guest”) to the Big Island of Hawaii, consisting of: round-trip coach-class air transportation from a major commercial airport near Daily Prize winner’s residence in the 50 states of the U.S. or D.C. to Oakland International Airport (OAK) provided by Sponsor (unless Daily Prize winner lives within 100 miles of OAK); round-trip coach-class air transportation from OAK to the Big Island of Hawaii provided by ATA; hotel accommodations (standard Garden View room, double occupancy; single room and room tax only) for four (4) nights at the Hilton Waikoloa Village; the opportunity for Daily Prize winner and one (1) guest to attend a taping of Wheel of Fortune on September 12, 13, or 14, 2008 (time and date of taping subject to availability and change, and final choice of taping attended is at Sponsor’s sole discretion) at the Hilton Waikoloa (“Taping”); and $1000 spending money awarded in the form of a check made out to Daily Prize winner. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Daily Prize is: $4,466. Odds of winning a Daily Prize depend upon the total number of eligible Sweepstakes Entries for that Daily Sweepstakes. Additional compensation will not be provided if actual value of a Daily Prize is less than stated ARV. If a Daily Prize winner elects to travel with no Guest, no substitute compensation will be awarded to such Daily Prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to structure prize travel route (including, but not limited to, airports used) in its sole discretion. Air transportation provided only if Daily Prize winner and, if applicable, Guest do not reside within the state of Hawaii. To accept the Wheel of Fortune taping portion of prize, Daily Prize winner must take trip so as to be in Hawaii September 12 – 14, 2008. Trip is subject to air travel and hotel availability; holiday and blackout dates; and all other prize and travel restrictions and/or specific terms and conditions set forth by travel prize suppliers and Sponsor. Once determined, no change, extension or substitution of trip dates is permitted, except by Sponsor at its sole discretion. Once travel has been confirmed, any cancellation or change fees are the sole responsibility of such Daily Prize winner and his/her Guest, as applicable. Daily Prize winner may be required to have/present at least one major credit card in good standing in order to check into hotel room. Each Daily Prize winner and his/her respective Guest must travel together on the same itinerary and in the same class of air travel. If any component of the Daily Prize is not available during time of the Daily Prize winner’s trip for whatever reason (e.g., change in Taping schedule, etc.), that portion of the Daily Prize will be forfeited, and no compensation will be awarded in lieu thereof.] Items not specifically mentioned as being included as part of a Daily Prize are the sole responsibility of each Daily Prize winner and his/her Guest including, but not limited to, ground transportation, airport tax, travel tax, travel insurance, room service, laundry service, meals, alcoholic beverages, hotel incidentals, local and long distance telephone calls, gratuities, personal items, government fees, and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein. If a Daily Prize winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian, and such person must pay his/her own expenses unless deemed to be an allotted Guest. Guests must be 18 years of age or older. If a Guest is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian, and such person must pay his/her own expenses unless deemed to be a Daily Prize winner. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the Affidavit/Release (described below) and/or a Daily Prize winner’s prize travel documents. One (1) Overall Prize: One (1) Wheel of Fortune Beachbag (ARV: $20); one (1) Keychain Flashlight (ARV: $6.95); one (1) Wheel of Fortune Mug (ARV: $7.99); one (1) Wheel of Fortune hat (ARV: $10.99); one (1) pack of Wheel of Fortune Playing cards (ARV: $4.99); one (1) Wheel of Fortune T-shirt (ARV: $14.99); one (1) Wheel of Fortune Lunchbox (ARV: $12.95); one (1) Wheel of Fortune Towel (ARV: $20); one (1) Wheel of Fortune Free Spin game piece similar to what is used on the actual Wheel for the Show (ARV: $20 ); one (1) Wheel of Fortune Sweatshirt (ARV: $35.99). ARV of the Overall Prize: $154.85. Odds of winning the Overall Prize is no less than 1:10. Total ARV of all prizes is $44,814.85. All winners are solely responsible for all costs, incidentals, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included. No substitution, transfer, or redemption of prizes (or any prize component) for cash, except that Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component) for one of equal value for any reason. Prizes and/or prize notifications will be shipped to street addresses in U.S. only. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. Limit one (1) Daily Prize per person/family/household. Each winner will be solely responsible for all taxes on prize (or prizes, if Overall Prize winner) and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the year in which the prize(s) are awarded from the Sponsor for the total ARV noted in these rules. Sweepstakes administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize.
5. Drawing and Notification of Winners: For each Daily Sweepstakes, two (2) potential Daily Prize winners will be randomly selected in a drawing held on or about April 9, 2008, from all eligible Sweepstakes Entries received for that Daily Sweepstakes. Non-winning Sweepstakes Entries from a Daily Sweepstakes will not be eligible for, or retained for any subsequent Daily Sweepstakes drawings. The Overall Prize winner will be randomly selected in a drawing from all official Daily Prize winners. All drawings will be conducted by the Sweepstakes administrator, an independent judging organization. Each potential winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian, if a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) will be notified by phone within two (2) weeks of the drawing date. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, if he/she is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. Disclaimers: The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for, and will deem ineligible, Sweepstakes Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), or Sweepstakes Entries that are illegible, late, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, mutilated, postage-due, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant (or his/her parent/legal guardian, if a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) agrees and acknowledges to be bound by the Rules and Laws, as well as the decisions of the Sweepstakes administrator which are final and binding in all respects; to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with the Rules and Laws; and that Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with: participation in this Sweepstakes (including, but not limited to, the preemption, cancellation, interruption of the Show, any elements of the Show as it relates to the Sweepstakes, or the Taping; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Sweepstakes Entry information; acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any prize awarded herein (including, but not limited to, cancellations and delays or any change of the air carrier(s), lodging facilities, or other entity or any other persons providing any of the components for a prize winner and his/her travel Guest, if applicable, due to reasons beyond the control of Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Entities); any technical malfunctions of a computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, internet service provider; interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, Website, or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed/duplicate/multiple data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. Each entrant (or his/her parent/legal guardian, if a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the prize supplier or any of its agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sweepstakes Entities, or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sweepstakes Entities or their parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies.
8. GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, ARBITRATION:Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, its enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in Los Angeles County, California, before a single arbitrator, in accordance with California Code of Civil Procedure §§ 1280 et seq. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of the parties or, if the parties cannot agree, then by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by the American Arbitration Association or JAMS/Endispute. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall issue a written opinion stating the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator’s award is based. The parties will share equally in payment of the arbitrator’s fees and arbitration expenses and any other costs unique to the arbitration hearing (recognizing that each side bears its own deposition, witness, expert and attorneys’ fees and other expenses to the same extent as if the matter were being heard in court). Nothing in this paragraph shall affect either party’s ability to seek from a court injunctive or equitable relief at any time.
THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
9. Rules/Winners List:For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winners List, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (with proper postage affixed) to: Take Me To Paradise Sweepstakes “Rules”/“Winners List” (specify which), P.O. Box 10901, Burbank, CA 91510. All requests must be received by May 29, 2008. Official Rules will also be accessible from the Sweepstakes Entry page during the Sweepstakes Period. Winners List may also be accessible from the Website.
10. Sponsor: Quadra Productions, Inc., 10202 West Washington Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90232.
©2008 Skycastle Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved.