Message from Tony Vinciquerra - Return to Workplace Updates
Happily, we are finally seeing the rapid decline in Omicron cases and hospitalizations in the U.S. we have been expecting. As such and following current data and trends in the markets in which we operate, we are setting our return date for our U.S. offices for March 14, 2022.
This marks an important moment in these very challenging last two years. As I've mentioned before, we are a business that benefits greatly from in-person interactions and collaboration, and we look forward to bringing back the full force of our collective knowledge and creative efforts. In other parts of the world, our India office set its return date for this week, and the London office recently announced that its return will be March 2.
As you all know, conditions related to the pandemic can shift quickly. We will continue to monitor health and government guidance, and if circumstances change, we will adjust our return plans accordingly if necessary. Dates and conditions vary by region and country so be sure to watch for information specific to offices outside the U.S. from local leadership and P&O/Security & Safety.
As we stated in our previous RTW updates, when we start our full return, employees will have the option of flexible work schedules to adjust as we all transition back. During this transition, employees will be expected to be in the office at least three days per week with the option of working up to two days per week remotely. Employees who opt to work remotely one or two days per week should discuss and set schedules with their managers.
We anticipate this transition period to run through the end of June. If there are any changes to that date, we will update you accordingly. We also recognize demands around caring for family members and children may shift as circumstances evolve, so be sure to discuss and work out alternate schedules with your manager, as needed.
Our teams in P&O, Security & Safety, IT, and Facilities have already done an extraordinary job of training and registering nearly all of our Los Angeles-based employees to return. These teams will also be holding weekly information sessions for the next few weeks to answer questions and make sure employees have all they need to transition back to the office. You can sign up for these sessions here or look for an email invitation from P&O.
For Los Angeles-based employees, the following must be completed before March 14:
- If you have not done so already, all non-union employees and all employees in Local 174 covered positions will be required to verify their vaccination status and complete a brief RTW training session to gain access to the lot and LA locations. The training session provides comprehensive required information for your return, including safety protocols.
- As a reminder, vaccines and boosters are offered weekly on the studio lot on Thursdays from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. in the SPE medical department. (You can make an appointment here; walk-ins are also accepted. You will have a choice of Moderna or Pfizer).
- If you have not visited your office yet, please plan for at least one day in the office prior to our March return to either get vaccinated or pick up your vaccine verification sticker, acclimate yourself with your workspace, and troubleshoot possible IT, administrative, or facilities challenges.
- The industry's Return To Work Agreement remains in effect in production areas and for covered union and guild members.
For all other U.S. employees, the following must be completed before March 14:
- If you have not done so already, all non-union employees will be required to verify their vaccination status, subject to local requirements, and complete any training required in their location. Please follow instructions on these requirements provided by your local leadership or P&O.
- For vaccines and boosters, Aetna and CVS Pharmacy can help you schedule appointments here.
If you have questions or anticipate not being able to meet the minimum Return to Workplace or Vaccine Verification requirements, please contact P&O either through PO_EmployeeDirect@spe.sony.com or by reaching out to your local P&O partner.
I want to thank you all once again for your continued focus and dedication during these extraordinary times. We look forward to welcoming everyone back!