FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sony Pictures Entertainment Signs Two-Year First-Look Deal With Josh Bratman's Immersive Pictures
CULVER CITY, Calif., February 25, 2015 - Sony Pictures Entertainment has entered into a two-year, first-look deal with Josh Bratman's Immersive Pictures, it was announced today by Michael DeLuca and Hannah Minghella, presidents of Production for Columbia Pictures.
"Josh has been an important part of the Sony Pictures family for many years. This deal just cements that fact," said DeLuca and Minghella. "He's an incredibly skilled producer, capable of the best work on many different kinds of films. We're thrilled that we'll be keeping him in-house as he continues to work on some of our most important development projects."
In the deal, Bratman is developing and will produce a number of films for the studio, including:
- - The Harlem Hellfighters, based on the bestselling graphic novel by Max Brooks (the author of World War Z), with Overbrook Entertainment;
- - The Black Count, based on Tom Reiss' bestselling biography of General Alex Dumas, the father of Alexandre Dumas, the author of The Count of Monte Cristo and The Three Musketeers, with John Legend's Get Lifted Productions and Cary Fukunaga attached to adapt and direct;
- - The Sculptor, based on Scott McCloud's graphic novel, which Bratman will produce with Scott Rudin;
- - The Themis Files, an upcoming epic sci-fi debut novel by Sylvain Neuvel, which David Koepp will adapt and on which Bratman will team with Matt Tolmach Productions;
- - and Descender, based on Jeff Lemire and Dustin Nguyen's upcoming graphic novel.
Before founding Immersive Pictures, Bratman worked as an executive for Sony Pictures-based Michael De Luca Productions for over a decade. There, he oversaw and executive produced several projects for De Luca, who is now president of Production for the studio.
Bratman's deal was handled by CAA and by attorney Greg Slewett of Bloom Hergott.
ABOUT SONY PICTURES ENTERTAINMENT
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com.
SVP, Media Relations
Sony Pictures Entertainment